Perth, Western Australia, email@example.com
Lead Discipline Engineer – Major O&G, M&M Projects
Senior E, I &C Systems Design, Pre-commissioning Engineer EPC
Project EPC contractor bid review, and award process.
Work in the Project Team with a Lead Engineering, Technical and Coordination Role on world-class scheduled projects with successful on-time completion. This was for large LNG trains in a variety of EPC engineering projects in the Middle East, Japan, Italy, UK and Australia.
Strengths are having excellent Systems, People and Project Management background and a broad range of Project experience including exposure to a wide range of assets in the Oil and Gas and Mining industries. Discipline Lead, Contractor liaison, plant enhancements, complex problems resolution, mentoring, FEED, engineering design, project completion and pre-commissioning, startup and engineering management within schedule and cost. This involves particularly Infrastructure, Utilities, DCS and Power Systems with cutting edge Plant Asset Management Integration.
· Lead engineering responsibilities in the Oil and Gas industry;
· Project Management Team in the I&C commissioning of LNG plants;
· Risk Review on project level for Plant Upgrades, including FEED;
· Client, Engineering and Field roles on US$b+ international projects;
· DCS Systems development as a Supplier to the LNG Industry;
· Contractor and Vendor Liaison in ensuring completion in EPC project.
Feb 2010 – Present INPEX, Yokohama, JAPAN
Lead Instrument and Control Engineer, Ichthys Onshore LNG Plant
· INPEX Project for Onshore LNG Facilities. The Project is a multi-billion dollar green-field LNG processing plant engineered in Japan for construction and commissioning in Darwin Northern Territory, Australia. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, key responsibilities are:
· Conducting all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with INPEX's value of 'ANZEN DAI ICHI' or Safety Number One.
· Supervising the design of instrumentation and control system, studies for system selection and detailed design for implementation.
· Maintaining close interaction with the offshore project to ensure that the instrumentation and control systems selected for onshore and offshore facilities are compatible.
· Reviewing and accepting the design developed by engineering contractor.
· Reviewing and approving control system configuration, system selection studies, instrument datasheets, specifications, requisitions.
· Reviewing and approving of Project General Specifications related to instrumentation and control systems.
· This position is planned to move to the EPC phase of the project where it will be responsible for the technical bid evaluation, technical clarifications, inspections during fabrication, performance testing at vendor location, supervision of site installation, testing and commissioning.
Mar 2008 – Jan2010 Bechtel, Perth, Aust.
Lead Engineer (I&C) Infrastructure, Worsley E&G Project
· BECHTEL E&G Project for Worsley Alumina Plant. The Efficiency and Growth Plant upgrade for the major shareholder BHP Billiton, is a AU$2b undertaking to provide a (50%) increase in production. Position of Lead Systems Engineer (E, I&C) for Infrastructure and Utilities working with Project Manager for significant brown-fields plant upgrade of infrastructure and utilities. Fast track and complex project with successful delivery and integration with world-wide engineering offices.
· Project includes brown-fields and green-fields aspects of the use of standard project BSAPS (Bechtel standard apps and Australian Standards) - review and comment, coordination and procurement processes, approvals and databases. Responsible for team including DCS Systems Interface, electrical infrastructure cutover from heritage plant system, coordination with suppliers and client for completion, tie-in and commissioning.
Jan 2007 – Feb 2008 Foster Wheeler Energy Ltd Reading, UK
Senior Control Systems Engineer EPC
· PLUTO LNG Greenfields Project for Woodside Burrup Pty Ltd as key member of the E, I&C Discipline together with Mechanical Package Engineer. Involved from FEED thru to EPC Engineering Phase. Working on DCS system interfaces, CPMS, third party packages, INTools database, collation of electronic tag data for SAP CMS Interface. This phase involved all aspects of the development of an LNG train design including FEED, Value added engineering, Detailed Design, Technical review, Coordination, Planning, Scheduling, Procurement Support, Vendor Interface and Client Reporting. Successfully completed all I&C Engineering aspects for the 4 x NP GTG (40MW) long-lead Power Generation units, using Shell Standard Design Guides.
2005 – Present GHD Services Pty Ltd. Perth, Australia
Principal I/E Systems Engineer/Project Manager
· Lead Engineer for Instrumentation and Electrical Team within Oil & Gas Group in Perth Main Office. Refinery upgrade in PNG and building of Training Process Plant including all aspects including FEED, Detailed Design, Technical review, Coordination, Planning, Scheduling, Budget Costing, Procurement, Client Interface and Commissioning. Honeywell training centre ACEPT in Henderson, WA.
· Project Management for international engineering consulting company. Providing specialized plant upgrade services in the area of Oil & Gas Group for Instrumentation and Electrical disciplines teams.
1998 – 2005 RasGas LNG Co Ltd. Doha, Qatar
Sr. Systems Engineer/Project Lead
· Project Manager for ELICS – Electrical Control System DCS for LNG Train4 and 5 on-shore plant expansion (Foxboro/Invensys technology).
· Expansion Project Team Lead for Electronic Data ICIMS (Integrated Control Systems and Information Management Systems).
· Heavy day-to-day involvement and responsible as Client Engineer for complete loop checking, functional testing and DCS component of start-up and successful commissioning for LNG Train on Utilities Console.
· Support for Engineering Disciplines specialized software packages, including tools for modeling, and process simulation, to enhance use of modern electronic software tools, INTERGRAPH PDS 3D, INTools, and EDMS, including training courses in Huntsville, Alabama.
1997 – 1998 Iona Technologies Pty Ltd. Perth, Australia
Team Lead Product Development
· Team Lead for Product Testing and Demos prior to packaging and shipping of new systems. Successfully established new team.
· Liaison and integration with worldwide industry leader in ORBIX networking and distributed computing product.
1994 – 1997 Steedman Science and Eng. Perth, Australia
Project Management and Systems Developer
· Project Management and Design of complex embedded system on microprocessor including, hardware, electronic and engineering aspects. Unit now in production and deployed on company based projects.
· Interfacing of information gathering systems with DCS using MODBUS, Honeywell and Fisher/Rosemount.
· Successful development, maintenance and deployment of state-of-the-art redundant real-time monitoring system solution for a variety of clients.
· Implementation of ISO standard procedures, team training and lead.
1989 – 1994 Minemap Pty. Ltd. Perth, Australia
Systems Development and Client Support
· Consultancy and Client Support for complete mine-management and modeling on a variety of open-cut and underground operations.
· Complete upgrade of system to modernized Windows Based from Mainframe/Unix Platform.
· Provision of training in modeling and mining techniques, in office and on site (Australia and overseas).
1986 – 1989 Lajitas Cereales S.A. Salta, Argentina
Computer Programmer and Systems Analyst
· System support and upgrade for Industrial Grain Management and Invoicing System.
· Spanish speaking working environment.
1986 – 1989 National University (Salta). Salta, Argentina
Assistant Lecturer in Department of Exact Sciences
· Part-time Practical Class supervision and teaching.
· Provision of training in computing and system analysis.
1983 – 1985 Provincial Government (Salta). Salta, Argentina
Foreign Service Training Expatriate
· Official service in a foreign-language speaking context as an expatriate.
· Teaching and training national university students, providing consultancy in applications and systems to enhance their knowledge and professional independence.
1979 – 1981 Worley Engineering Perth, Australia
Control Systems Engineer
· Topsides Modules Contractor for Woodside Rankin “A” Platform, member of Control Systems and Instrumentation Group.
· Research and Development of Orifice Plate Sizing Program. Control Valve sizing and Relief valve data sheets, involvement in P&ID development cycle. Purchase requisition preparation and control line hookups.
1979 Steedman Science and Engineering Perth, Australia
Assistant Electronic and Systems Engineer
· Environmental and Meteorological and electronic equipment servicing and data extraction.
· Data extraction and processing
1976 Western Mining Corporation Windarra, Australia
Trainee Electrical Engineer
· Performance of field service and maintenance on electrical and instrumentation equipment in remote nickel extraction plant., including underground and processing equipment maintenance.
1974 - 1975 Co-op Bulk Handling Perth, Australia
· Sole responsibility for operation and running of large 200,000 tonne grain reception and dispatching center.
· Small control room operation center and associated motor, generator and machinery operation and maintenance.
1992 – 1993 Curtin University of Technology Perth, W. Australia
· Graduate Diploma in Computing Science [Dip Comp Sc].
1982 Ridley College Melbourne, Victoria Australia
· Associate of Ridley College [ARC].
1974 – 1977 University of Western Australia Perth, W. Australia
· Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) [BE (Elect)].
· Publications/Reports: Analysis of Alumina Ore Reserves, Gove, NT;
· Professional Affiliations and Memberships: MIEEE, MIEAust;
· Languages: English and Spanish.
Jogging, swimming, computing, travel and people dynamics.
Note that referees and detailed technical background are available on request.